(Buczacki, Buczaccy, Buczac)
A gold arrow is set vertically on a field of blue. The point of
the arrow is broken and bent to the left. The blade of a sword crosses
its center. The end of the arrow is split and between the split
ends is the numeral 8. Five ostrich plumes rise from the helmet.
This is according to Paprocki (fol. 1212) and Okolski (v. 1). WACLAW
from Baworowo, of Czech parentage, was the first to bring this coat
of arms to Poland. He distinguished himself in the court of King
Zygmunt I and was awarded the post of crown clerk in the field where
he was feared by the enemy and loved by the Polish cavalry. He purchased
or funded a castle and town with its neighboring villages in Podole
and names it BAWOROWO. He married Katarzyna KOLANOWSKA, heiress
of Iwaniec, whose daughter ANNA married BUCZACKI. (She was the
mother of Buczacki, the sub-prefect of Bar, and others).
JAN, the son of the Waclaw and Katarzyna,
became a knight.
Waclaw's second wife was Elzbieta, princess of Zbara and sister
of Stefan, voivode of Trock, whose daughter Anna married Alexander
Korybutowicz, Prince of Poryce. (paprocki, fol. 652).
Her son, Mikolaj, captain of the cavalry, manifested great courage
under fire and successfully defended the castles at Baworow and
Ostrow from incursions by the Tartars. He married Malgorzata Skarbek
and their progeny followed in his glorious footsteps. In 1593, the
crown granted Mikolaj a sum to repair the damage done to his property
by the enemy's expeditions.
ANNA, daughter of JACEK, married
Stafan Podhorodenski, swordbearer of Mielno, around 1697.
JOZEF, whose wife is from Jordanow,
still lives. SZYMON, his brother, married to Treszkowska, had no
children. JERZY is the third brother.
Wieladek lists the following:
WIKTOR BAWOROWSKI, councilman of
the provinces of Galacia and lodomeria, knight of the Order of St.
ALOIZY, master of the pantry of
Trembowole; formerly, cupbearer of Halicz, 1673. Krasicki notes
an ONUFRY BAWOROWSKI who married Charczewska, castellan heiress
to Balice property in Przemysl. In 1778, they had a son, Jan and
this article is a direct translation
from the classic Genealogical and Heraldic reference "Herbarz
Polski" by Kasper Niesiecki S.J., (Lipsk) edition 1839-46.